"We do not remember days, we remember moments." Cesare Pavese

Sunday, February 18, 2018

if friends were flowers...

Hey there!  Hope you are having a lovely weekend!  I have another card to share today.  This one is for the February Altenew inspiration challenge.  Also going to add it to the current Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.  I recently got the Altenew Peony Spray stamp and die set.  I just love peonies!  I have several plants growing in my yard and look forward to their beautiful blooms every year.  So... it just makes sense that I would want to have a few peony related stamp sets in my collection!  Using the Altenew inspiration photo I pulled out the lighter shade of pink and the green (although my green isn't that dark) as a starting point.  I stamped the peony on Canson watercolor paper using VersaFine Smoky Gray ink and then loosely colored the image with Kuretake Gansai Tambi watercolors.  When it was dry I die cut it with the matching die.  I watercolored a second piece of Canson watercolor paper with a light pink ZIG marker and when it was dry die cut it with the Altenew Watercolor Stripes cover die.   I stamped the sentiment using VersaFine Onyx Black and then popped the piece up on a light gray cardstock base.  I originally had the flower adhered flush with the die cut but didn't like it.  Thankfully I was able to remove it and add some foam dimensionals to the back.  It looks much better popped up.  Finished with some Pretty Pink Posh sparkling clear sequins.


Have a wonderful day!!

Supplies:  Cardstock:  SSS fog, Canson watercolor; Stamps and dies:  Altenew; Inks:  VersaFine; Watercolor medium:  Kuretake Gansai Tambi, ZIG clean color marker; Sequins:  Pretty Pink Posh

8 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous peony over the striped die, Rosemary! Perfect with that sentiment!!

Greta said...

What a neat striped die & stunningly beautiful flower, Rosemary! Gorgeous card!

Lisa Elton said...

Oooohhh, I love that gorgeous flower! This is amazing Rosemary!!

Viv said...

Oh Rosie this is sooo gorgeous, I just adore it ;) hugs Viv xx

Kara Lynne said...

Gorgeous delicate pink, Rosemary! Such an elegant way to display your flower on that striped background. We have a peony bush too, and I love to see it bloom.

Anita in France said...

Delicate, feminine and just lovely, Rosemary ... I love the subtle softness of the pink in the stripes ... the hint of colour is gorgeous! Hugs, Anita :)

Tracy Freeman said...

This is gorgeous, so beautiful and love the softness to it.
Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Anonymous said...

WOW. This is simply stunning! Those gorgeous layered blooms did all the talking! Thanks for playing along with us at the Altenew Inspiration Challenge.